Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Film Lesson: "Schindler's List"


"Schindler's List" illustrated the Holocaust extremely good. They didn't hold back on anything. They showed you exactly what would happen during the Holocaust. The showed the mental and physical abuse, they showed the cruelty, the atrocious and offensive behavior of the Nazis. One most powerful scene to me was the children hiding the toilets. They were hiding in at least 2-3 feet of waste in order not to get caught and killed by the Nazis. The children had become so territorial and had lost all their innocence. They would actually let another kid die in order for themselves to survive. When the little boy jumped in, they didn't want to risk getting caught, so they told him to leave. They were exposed to barbaric and sickening events at the age of 5. It was crazy to me. Another powerful scene to me was the burning of the bodies. People were actually lined up walking in to the pits of flame knowing they were going to die. I just can't imagine myself knowing that I'm going to die and not doing anything about it. They had no choice though. Either they would die, or trying fight and then get killed. It was horrific. One image was will stay with me forever was when the little girl with the pink jacket, tried so hard to stay alive by sneaking and hiding under the bed. And then during the scene of the burning bodies, you see her dead, burnt body. Who has the heart to kill anyone, a little girl at that? "Schindler's List" was a very powerful movie and I won't be able to forget the scenes we saw.

No comments: